Last Updated: February 21st, 2021
Country Specific Information:
• The Government of Morocco has extended the country’s “Health State of Emergency” until September 10, 2021.
• If you are exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID-19, please contact the Moroccan Ministry of Health’s hotline at +212 (0)8-0100-4747. Assistance is available in English, French or Arabic.
• A nationwide curfew between the hours of 23:00 PM and 04:30 AM is in place until August 10, 2021. Restaurants, stores, supermarkets, and other businesses must close by 23:00 PM.
• Travelers NOT FULLY VACCINATED entering Morocco by air must present negative test results from a PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding. Children under the age of 11 are exempt from this requirement.
• Air travel to and from Morocco remains restricted to specific categories of travelers. Citizens and residents of Morocco, as well as foreign nationals of visa-exempt countries with reservations with Moroccan hotels or travel agencies and business persons invited by Moroccan companies, are allowed to enter and depart.
• Special operation ferries are operating to/from Morocco and Sète, France and Genoa, Italy.
• The borders with Ceuta and Melilla remain closed.
• Regional or local authorities may put into place (sometimes with little notice) travel or other restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of COVID-19.
• Masks are mandatory in all public spaces.
• Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for travels in Morocco? Yes
• If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
• Travels can obtain a COVID-19 test at the labs listed below, which have been approved by the Moroccan Ministry of Health. The cost for the test is typically around 700 Dirhams.
• Results can be provided electronically and are usually available within 24 hours.
• Approved COVID-19 testing labs:
• AGADIR: Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Mahfoud
• CASABLANCA : Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Derb Sultan / Centre de Biologie Médicale GLab / Biolam / Laboratoire International d’Analyses Biomédicales / Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Annoual / Laboratoire d’Analyses LABOMAC / Hopital Cheikh Khalifa Ben Zayed
• EL JADIDA : Laboratoire Semlali d’Analyses Médicales et de Biologie de la Reproduction
• ESSAOUIRA: Laboratoire El Baroudi
• FES : Laboratoire Saiss d’Analyses Médicales / Centre Biologie Maroc / Laboratoire Guessous d’Analyses Médicales
• KENITRA: Laboratoire Maamora
• MARRAKECH : Laboratoire D’Analyses Médicales et Biologiques Al Massira / Laboratoire Dar Assalam d’Analyses Médicales / Laboratoire de Biologie Médicale Gueliz / Laboratoire AlManar / Laboratoire Dar El Baroud
• MEKNES: Laboratoire Chbicheb d’Analyses Médicales
• MOHAMMEDIA : Laboratoire Central Analyses Médicales Mohammedia
• NADOR : Laboratoire D’Analyses Médicales de Nador
• OUJDA: Laboratoire Oujda d’Analyses Médicales
• RABAT : Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales et de Cytogénétique / Laboratoire International d’Analyses Médicales (Témara) / Laboratoire Ibnou Nafiss / Laboratoire PolyBio / Laboratoire Bioclinic / Laboratoire Claridge
• TANGIER : Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales et de Bilogoie de Reproduction Riad Tétouan
• TÉTOUAN : Laboratoire Ibn Nafis d’Analyses Médicales Générales & Spécialisées Reproduction Humaine / Laboratoire Fassi-Fehri d’Analyses Médicales
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
• Has the government of Morocco approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
• Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
• According to Moroccan authorities, the following vaccines have been approved for use in Morocco: Sinopharm (China) and AstraZeneca (UK).
• For information on getting vaccinated in Morocco, please contact the COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline, “Allo Liqah,” at 08-00-00-01-47 (French and Arabic) or visit their website at https://liqahcorona.ma/fr.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
• Are travels permitted to enter? Yes
• Air travel to and from Morocco remains restricted to specific categories of travelers. Citizens and residents of Morocco and, as of September 6, foreign nationals of visa-exempt countries with reservations with Moroccan hotels or travel agencies and business people invited by Moroccan companies are allowed to enter and depart.
• Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
• The Government of Morocco (GOM) has established pre-arrival COVID-19 testing requirements for all travelers entering Morocco. Travelers entering Morocco must complete a PCR test within 72 hours of travel, with printed results to present on request at check-in and to GOM officials on arrival. Children under 11 years of age are exempt from this requirement
• Travelers should check entry and exit requirements in place in the countries and states where they plan to travel.
• Passengers transiting through France must present negative results from a PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding. Passengers must also complete an attestation form.
• Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
• The Government of Morocco will conduct a health screening on travelers entering the country.
• Is there a curfew in place? Yes. A nationwide curfew between the hours of 23:00 PM and 04:30 AM is in place until August 10, 2021. Restaurants, stores, supermarkets, and other businesses must close by 23:00 PM.
• Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? Yes
• Travels should be familiar with local requirements prior to travel between regions and should remember to follow the instructions of local authorities.
• The Government of Morocco is not imposing a mandatory quarantine on foreign citizens entering the country.
• Are commercial flights operating? Some limited services
• All regularly scheduled commercial flights to/from Morocco remain suspended, as do ferries to/from Spain. Special operation flights to/from Morocco are taking place on Royal Air Maroc (RAM), Air Arabia, and Air France.
• Is public transportation operating? Yes
• To travel between cities on public transportation, travelers does not need obtain authorization from the local authorities. Masks are required on all public transportation.
• Private transportation are operating, contact us for more details.
• Can no European travel to Europe from Morocco? It depends
• Travelers with questions about European entry rules should contact the embassies or the border control authorities of the European country they wish to visit and/or review information on their Ambassadors in the transit countries.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
• You may be fined for non-compliance with measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For more details, our staff can help you during your tour in Morocco from transportation, hotels, things to do in Morocco, best places to visit… Contact Us